In our family Santa doesn't fill the stockings, our family members do. We have a lot of fun trying to find the perfect little gifts to tuck inside and, as much as possible we buy them from the shops in our neighbourhood here in Ottawa. Stumped for stocking stuffers? Here are some suggestions:
- Mites make a mighty fun gift for a toddler. These cute little cars and trucks are handcrafted in Vermont with North American wood. These can be purchased at The Extraordinary Baby Shoppe.
- Cheeky fridge magnets are always fun! I like to get mine from Heavens To Betsy, here in Hintonburg.
- Heavens To Betsy is also my favorite place to get my boys' annual Christmas ornaments -- they have a fabulous selection of funky, retro-themed glass ornaments. There really is one for everyone!
- What guy's stocking would be complete without a bar of beer soap? Made with a Quebec microbrew, this soap is great for shaving (among other things). Smith Farms products are carried at a number of Ottawa locations -- call for availability.
- Gourmet chocolates -- our neighbourhood has a few places to choose from here, so I can't pick just one. They're *all* super yummy!
What sort of stocking gifts do you prefer? Have you run across anything particularly unique this year that's going into someone's sock?