Recipe: Cilantro-Mint Chutney
The Parkdale Market has lots of fresh herbs for sale right now, and I've got a hankering for Indian food. I just might have to make a mess of "Yum!" for supper tonight. ;) I've made a few variations of this Indian-style chutney, and have enjoyed each and every one. It is a lovely cool counterpart to hot curries, but has enough of a kick on its own to get your engines revving! I generally use chocolate mint when I make it, but any mint will do.
- 3/4 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime/lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup (or more) plain yogurt